Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Summer Book Tag

Since summer is practically here, one of my best friends suggested a summer book tag for the blog. Sweetie, if you're reading this, I am very thankful for the idea; you're amazing.  
 
Pin on Wicked the Musical

I found this tag on A Book Lovers Playlist so make sure to visit her page because it's amazing and gorgeous!

For this tag, I will be answering nine summer-based questions, all of them with the purpose of relating this season to books. And as we know, books are always beautiful and important, especially during these days. Also, I love doing book tags; I have so much fun writing them! 

Without further due, let's start! 

1- What book cover makes you think of summer? 

Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale: Turgeon, Carolyn ...

This is "Mermaid" by Carolyn Turgeon, and it's a retelling of the classic "Little Mermaid" story by Hans Christian Andersen. In this version, the little mermaid meets the princess whom the prince marries in the end. We follow both of the girls' perspectives, taking a closer look on their motivations for doing what they do, and how both of their lives are in jeopardy. Aside from the plot, just look at this cover! It's beautiful, and it makes me think of the sea. 

2-  What book has brightened your day? 

The Golden Compass: His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman - häftad ...

I've talked about "His Dark Materials" before, so I won't go deep into this. But even though I love the whole series, the first book really makes me happy when I read it. It's my safe place in many ways, and I have fallen deeply in love with the world and characters. It always brings a smile to my face. 

3- Name a book with yellow on it. 

Amazon.com: Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass) (9781619636101): Maas ...

I mean... the book doesn't just have yellow. Everything is yellow. This is the last book in the "Throne of Glass" series by goddess Sarah J. Maas. It might look bright because of its gorgeous coloring, but this book left me in pieces. 

4- What is your favorite summer beach read? 

The Lightning Thief | Riordan Wiki | Fandom

I cannot stress this enough: "The Lightning Thief" is the embodiment of summer. It's fun, sassy, full of adventure , it's warm, and has beautifully written characters. I have read this book at least six times already, and it gets better every time. Reading this book makes me feel so free and full of energy. It's as if meeting with a very beloved friend. The world seems full of possibility and excitement while reading this, like the first day of summer. 

5- What action book had you running for the ice cream man? 

Watchmen by Dave Gibbons, Alan Moore | Waterstones

Good lord this book... I had to take a lot of breaks while reading it. It's very graphic in terms of violence and other content, and the level of darkness is high. The action sequences were also intense, especially by the end. The thing is that many events felt very realistic, and that scared me. Regardless, I did stop my reading a few times to eat something sweet to level the bitterness in here. 

6- What book has left you with a bad ending? 

Allegiant by Veronica Roth | Divergent book, Allegiant book ...

The "Divergent" trilogy had one of the worst endings I've ever read, an awful thing. I won't write too much or I'll spoil it. But lord... it was so bad. Years have passed and I'm still not over this. 

7- What book gave you the happiest feeling when it ended? 

Little Women, Book by Louisa May Alcott (Paper over Board) | www ...

I believe this is one of the most beautiful books I've read in my life. The whole story is amazing, but the ending is so warm and sweet, like a calm summer afternoon. "Little Women" makes me think of my childhood, of happier summer days, my family, and the possibility of more summers full of dreams. 

8- What book cover reminds you of a sunset? 

The Great Gatsby - Wikipedia

Sunsets are my favorite part of the day. They fill me with nostalgia, peace and warmth, all at the same time. The cover of "The Great Gatsby" reminds of those feelings. The combination of colors, the look of the city, and Daisy Buchanan's eyes are simple but filled with so much beauty and sorrow. Just like a sunset. 

9- What is one book series you hope to read this summer? 

House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City): Maas, Sarah J ...

I began reading "House of Earth and Blood", the first book in the Crescent City series by Sarah J. Maas. There's still only one book because it just started. But it's amazing, like everything Maas writes, and I'm definitely planning on continuing reading the series as it progresses.  

This is the end for the summer book tag! Hope you liked it, and I'll see you guys next Sunday. Take care! 

P.S. I'd love to read "The Lightning Thief" by the beach someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Libros que leí en el 2022

Tristemente, no pude leer tanto este año como en los anteriores. Fue un año sumamente ocupado y retante, entre nuevas experiencias, desafíos...