Sunday, November 29, 2020

12 Days of Christmas Book Tag

Greetings everyone, and Happy Holidays! This week I was exploring some book tags, since you know I love them to pieces. I wanted a book tag inspired by Christmas and I found this one! The questions are cute and fun, therefore I'm going into them today. This tag was originally created by Lizzie Loves Books on YouTube, so make sure to check her answers as well. 

For this tag, I will be answering a list of quick twelve questions inspired by the classic Christmas song, "Twelve Days of Christmas". Each of the questions has a book motif, clearly, and I will try to answer them as honestly as possible. 




Let's get started!!! 


On the First Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 

The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favorite stand alone? 
 
I have read many stand alone books, but I think my favorite one would be "Big Little Lies" by Liane Moriarty. This book shook me to the very core, and it made me confront many parts of me that had been hurt. I usually don't read contemporary, but I made a (happy) exception for this one.





On the Second Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Two Turtle Doves.

Love is in the air! Who is your one true pairing? 

My eternal OTP will always be Simon and Baz from "Carry On" by Rainbow Rowell. They were the first main LGBT+ couple I read in a fantasy book, and it was a huge thing for me. I will always love them to pieces no matter what. They're cute together and help each other grow, which is relationship goals through and through. Also, the romance between is worth a swoon or two. 





On the Third Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Three French Hens. 

In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read? 

I had a couple of answers for this one, but I think I'll go with "The Magicians" trilogy by Lev Grossman. Even though I generally prefer series to trilogies, this one will always have a main place in my heart. This is one of the best magic systems I've read about, so I highly recommend it. I can't wait to read the new spin-off comics! 





On the Fourth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Four Calling Birds.

Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series? 

This question was particularly hard, since I love reading series and I have a lot of favorites. After thinking about it, I decided to just mention one, which is the "Disney Twisted Tales" series. These books have different authors, with each story covering a different Disney tale, giving it a unique twist. I know lots of people don't like them, but I do. 





On the Fifth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Five Golden Rings. 

One ring to rule them all! Who is your favorite villain/antagonist? 

Marisa Coulter is one heinous person that I hate to love, and love to hate. She is described as the mother of evil, and they are not exaggerating. She's cruel, vicious, manipulative, corrupted, and altogether a great villain to read about. 





On the Sixth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Six Geese a Laying. 

Creation is  beautiful thing. What is your favorite world/world-building? 

Again, I had quite a lot of options here, since I've read some very beautiful world-buildings. But today I think I'm going with "The Wicked Years" by Gregory Maguire. These books explore the life and death of the Wicked Witch of the West, and what came after that. The Oz Maguire created is quite complex, with its own politics, religion, economics, education and society standards. It's a very dark take on Oz, which is why I love it. 





On the Seventh Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Seven Swans a Swimming. 

Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick? 
Who's your favorite animal sidekick? 

For this question, I chose Pogo the monkey from the "Umbrella Academy" comics by Gerard Way. Pogo is a monkey that talks, dresses, behaves and thinks like a human. He always loved the Hargreeves children and took care them while they were growing up. His ending was too sad. 





On the Eighth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Eight Maids a Milking. 

Milk is so 18th century. Which book or series takes beverages/food
to a whole new level? 

This one is easy! For the eighth question I chose "The Lord of the Rings" by J. R. R. Tolkien. Anyone who has read the books, or at least seen the movies, knows that Hobbits are obsessed with good food and comfort. I mean, they have second breakfasts! If I could visit someone for eating, I would definitely visit a Hobbit. 





On the Ninth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Nine Ladies Dancing. 

Dancing is just one skill of a Lady. Who is your favorite kickass 
female lead? 

One of my favorite leading ladies is Bryce Quinlan, from the "Crescent City" series by Sarah J. Maas. We currently only have the first book in the series, but miss Quinlan managed to find a way into my heart from the book's very first page. I related a lot to her struggles with mental health, her love for her friends, her internal turmoil and pain, and also her courage. 

Credits to Ida V. on Instagram. 




On the Tenth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Ten Lords a Leaping 

How about your favorite leading lad? 

HA!! Percy Jackson, hands down. No question about it. 





On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Eleven Pipes Piping. 

What is your favorite book or bookish thing with musical influence? 

I'd have to say the "Scott Pilgrim vs the World" comics by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I mean, the main character is in an actual band, which isn't the best one out there, but they still play some sick music. Aside from Scott's band, there's also his ex known as Envy Adams who is a rock superstar. 






On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: 
Twelve Drummers Drumming. 

Drum roll please!!!
What is your favorite read of this year? 

Now this one was difficult to answer, especially considering that the year isn't over. But I believe it's "One True King" by Soman Chainani. This is the last book in the "School for Good and Evil" series. I'm currently still reading it; I'm a little over the book's middle. The story is brilliant and addictive, and it has redefined the concepts of friendship, fairy tales, love, good and evil in hundreds of ways. Already a lot of beloved characters have died, and I suspect that by the end of it many more will bite the dust as well. 





Alright, so that's all for today! Thank you for stopping by again and I'll see you guys next Sunday. I know this post was quite simple, but I do hope every one who reads it enjoys it at least a little.  

P.S. The pandemic isn't over just because you're over it. The Holidays shouldn't be an excuse for us to lose our guard and be irresponsible. Stay safe and keep your loved ones safe as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Libros que leí en el 2022

Tristemente, no pude leer tanto este año como en los anteriores. Fue un año sumamente ocupado y retante, entre nuevas experiencias, desafíos...